There are many scenic day trips from Tallangatta.
1) North to the Omeo Hwy and Mitta Mitta – in summer a swim in the Little Snowy Creek and a visit to the Dartmouth Dam. The Mitta Mitta Hotel has been recently renovated. On the way call in on the Witches Garden – it is beautiful.
2) Mt Beauty to Falls Creek via the beautiful Kiewa Valley.
3) heading back to Wodonga taking the turn off to Kiewa/Tangambalanmba/Yackandandah and then on to Beechworth. From Beechworth you can head to Bright or in the other direction the Milawa wine area.
4) North along the Murray Valley Hwy, over the Granya Gap to the River Road that runs along the Murray arm of Lake Hume on to Jingelic, Corryong and back down the Murray Valley Hwy past the Koetong pub, trestle bridges and if you enjoy a bush walk – Mt Lawson Conic Rocks gives you a view up the Koetong Valley and some pretty impressive rock formations.
5) For bike riders it is a 9 km ride to the Sandy Creek Inlet bridge or equally the same distance in the other direction to Old Tallangatta . I am happy to drop you and your bikes at Shelley and with a Mountain or Hybrid you can get to the Koetong Pub.
6) Heading to Old Tallangatta then following the lake on the other side to Bethanga then Albury/Wodonga.
7) Bird watchers will enjoy the multitude of birds that inhabit the Lake surrounds particularly as the volume of water decreases at the end of summer to produce many shallow ponds.